Saturday, October 27, 2007

Could it be? I'm 33!

)



For my 33rd, Jay took me to our favorite Italian restaurant, Sicily. We had a great meal (Italian quesadilla filled with mozzerella, pine nuts, basil, chicken and sundried tomatoes topped with a creamy tomato pesto sauce, a green salad with gorgonzola cheese and walnuts, and the angel hair pomodora with fresh tomatoes. Of course I couldn't leave without indulging in their crispy, sweet-cream filled, chocolate-dipped cannoli. I think I packed on 33 lbs., one for each year of my life! Then we attended a local High School football game with our friends Bill and Kerry and their two boys. The game ended in a tie and was a nail-biter at the end. (Notice the beautiful October moon we had lighting up our sky.) A thrilling end to a remarkable year. Truly, the Lord has crowned me with lovingkindness and compassion, and satisfied my years with good things so that my youth is renewed like the eagle (Ps. 103:4-5).

2 comments:

Mom said...

Yes, reality is cruel sometimes!
You ARE 33!
I like to think about your young age rather than the age of your mother! :) "Could it be! I'm ___!"
You are more beautiful every year, Stephanie.
What a sweetheart of Jay to take you to dinner at one of your favorite restaurants! He is a treasure!
We love you and pray for you daily.
Mom and Charles

Heather said...

Happy belated birthday, Stephanie! I must say you chose a FINE place to eat for your birthday, one of the restaurants I miss! And my mouth was watering with your description of the food! Trick-or-treating and the harvest party looked like a blast. Isn't it fun to dress up your adorable children? You are often in my thoughts and prayers...love to you!