Wednesday, May 21, 2008

MOPS Mother's Day dinner


Pictured here are my table leader, Bonnie, and me, and my mentor mom, Debbie. Bonnie's husband is attending The Master's Seminary; they have 2 preschool-aged boys. Debbie works in the medical field and has 3 grown children and 2 grandchildren. We've had a wonderful time ministering to each other this semester.


This is my friend and college dorm-mate, Joy. We were both surprised to find ourselves reunited at MOPS and sharing most of the same trials and triumphs of raising preschoolers. She and her husband both attended The Master's College and still attend Grace Community Church. They have 2 beautiful children.


Our key-note speaker at the Mother's Day dinner was Pat Holt. I was shocked to discover that she was a former employer of mine! When I was a senior in college, I wanted some substituting experience in a Christian school. I interviewed with her at West Valley Christian Academy in Winnetka. She not only hired me the same day, but asked me if could serve in one of the Kindergarten rooms...right then! She'd had a teacher call in a few minutes before I had my interview. So I can't say for certain that she hired me for my potential; she was just desperate! Anyway, she is an outstanding speaker, funny and poinant. We had a great time that night.

1 comment:

Mom said...

What a fun time you had with your friends, former employer and being out for a night on the town!
You look so beautiful, Steph!
Love your hair!
Your smile always makes me happy! You have such a beautiful one! Thank You, Lord!
What a joy it is for me to just stare at you with love and a mother's pride! You are a joy to me!

I love you, Steph!
MOM